What are ADULT STEM CELLS?
- ADULT STEM CELLS are capable of developing into other types of cells with the potential to regenerate damaged tissue (arthritis for example). ADULT STEM CELLS were discovered over 40 years ago. Researchers found that cells derived from adult bone marrow had the ability to form various tissues. ADULT STEM CELLS are an early cell stage and under the right conditions are capable of developing into other types of cells.
STEM CELLS are found throughout our body, such as in bone marrow, bone, blood vessels, fat and synovial membrane, etc. They can act as the repair cells of the body. They also have a super anti-inflammatory property to help fight pain. Arthritis, and increased age will affect the capability of our repair cells that are in the damaged areas.
- THE STEM CELL ORTHOPEDIC INSTITUTE OF TEXAS can solve this problem by amplifying the body’s natural repair cells (called STEM CELLS). This is accomplished by injecting the damaged area with mesenchymal STEM CELLS (MSC’s).
A MESENCHYMAL STEM CELL is a primitive STEM CELL. MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS (MSC’s) act as the coordinator of the repair response. They have the following abilities:
- Differentiate into multiple tissues such as:
- Reduce inflammation.
- They are able to promote cell proliferation (growth).
- They are able to increase blood vessel growth.
- MSC’s secrete certain proteins that lead to healing and/or growth of tissues at sites of injuries.
- MSC’s recruit local cells to replace damaged tissue or lost cells.
- MSC’s limit the activation of immune cells. (Certain harmful T-cells).
- MSC’s can be used in the treatment of joint arthritis, tendon and muscle repair, orthopedic injuries, rheumatological conditions, and pain treatment.